Live-stream Fundraising Concert
SINCE THE START OF THE MILLENIUM
IN FUNDS RAISED FOR CHARITIES
IN THE 2019 EDITION ALONE, OVER
CUMULATIVE HOURS OF SERVICE
CHARITY PROGRAMMES ACROSS SINGAPORE
The RAG in NUSSU Rag & Flag Day is also known as the Receive and Give (RAG) Day. Our event features colourful, vibrant performances by our students to show gratitude to our Singaporean community in supporting our fundraising efforts in Flag. Our family friendly carnival styled event is open to the public, all proceeds from the carnival will contribute to the fundraising for ComChest.
RAG DAY - GRATITUDE
Throughout June and July, NUS students plan and organise engagements with 22 charity programmes under various Social Service Agencies (SSAs). They then participate in flagging, over 5000 students from NUS travel all over Singapore on 2 separate days to flag for donations from the public. The proceeds are disbursed by ComChest to the SSAs whom our students engaged with over the summer.
FLAG DAYS - SERVICE
Charity Programmes We Support
- Club Heal
- Singapore Association for Mental Health
- Samaritans of Singapore (SOS)
- We CARE Community Services Limited
Children In Need
- MINDS - Fernvale Garden School
- MINDS - AMK Training and Development Centre
- MINDS - Lee Kong Chian Gardens School
- Child at Street 11
- SHINE Children & Youth Services
- Pathlight School
- Rainbow Centre
Family & Community
- Lakeside Family Services
- Fei Yue Community Services
- Foreign Domestic Worker Association for Social Support and Training (FAST)
- Fei Yue Family Service Centre
- Asian Women’s Welfare Association (AWWA)
- Centre for Promoting Alternatives to Violence – PAVE
- Autism Resource Centre
- Parkinson Society Singapore
- Metta Welfare Association
Visits to the different Social Service Agencies
- photo gallery -
Keeping the spirit of giving, and desire to make a difference that goes beyond one-off volunteer services in mind, Arts Flag this year is dedicated in making a cause for a change!
With the combined efforts of both freshmen and seniors, together with the camaraderie forged along the way, we aim to put up a memorable performance and to raise more funds for our SSAs.
We believe in the spirit of giving back to society, embracing one of our hall's values of paying it forward! Through our fundraising efforts and meaningful SSA engagement activities, we hope that these would make a positive difference in their lives.